Thursday, March 1, 2018

[George/Cannon] Bungee Jumping Part II

This is me before leaping (But about to)

This is the Kawarau Gorge where we jumped
As you might of seen a couple of days ago I posted about my feelings on bungee jumping.  If you want to see that post check it out.  Anyway earlier today part of my family (including me) drove to a bridge to jump off of it.  I will admit I was terrified, my legs were legitimately shaking, because I was going to fall 120 feet and then be yanked up by a cord.  Assuming that I would survive the fall of course.  Yeah, well I was up there looking down.  It was high.  As I got into my harness my legs started shaking.  Then I was up the platform looking down.  The guy said "3, 2, 1" then I jumped.  At first it felt like a normal drop, but then I started gaining momentum.  Then all of a sudden I was yanked up by the cable.  I went up 15 feet then down 15 feet.  This repeated several more times each becoming progressively smaller.  Then someone in a boat below help out a long pole to me.  I grabbed it and was pulled onto the boat. 

Looking back on this I think that my original thought of me liking it was false.  I didn't hate it but eh feeling of falling wasn't for me.  But it was a fun experience and I can tell people about it. :)

This is me jumping (proper ninja mode)

I love this because if you can see my face I look totally chill and unconcerned



This is me bouncing around upside-down
This is me being picked up by the boat after jumping

8 comments:

  1. How cool is this! We were looking at bungee jumping yesterday, and your exact company was the first hit on YouTube - they said they are the first commercial bungee jumping site in the world!! I’ve never had any interest in jumping off a bridge, but you might have changed my mind...I’ve always wondered what it would be like to fly..... ~Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren’t they great??? I can’t take any credit. For the only time I can remember, we bought the photo package from the company. I stood nearby and took lots of bursts of pictures, but they weren’t anywhere near this good. 😂

      Delete
  3. Wow! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannon, you must have nerves of steel! That looks horrifying, and I don't think anyone could pay me enough to do that! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that guy its my friend

    ReplyDelete