Sunday, March 18, 2018

[Grace] Singapore, Day 1


My dad described Singapore to me as "Asia Lite" which, after a day exploring, makes sense. They speak english, the streets are clean, the smells are not overpowering and all of that combined means Singapore seems like an entry-level asian city. However, never having been to Asia that I can remember, the city was still super new and exciting for me. I took the opportunity to take a lot of pictures - here are a few of my favorites.


Started out the day walking around the city. Saw this cute sign at a crosswalk: "Press For Green Man"

My first experience at a Hawker Center! For those who aren't familiar with Singapore, the city banned street food, instead moving all the vendors to food courts called Hawker Centers.

At the Hawker Center, I got some chinese dumpling soup with noodles. Delicious. I also got some mango juice on the side.

My brother is not the most adventurous eater, but even he managed to appreciate some of the food. 

This sign was amusing.

Outside of the Hawker Center there was this truck filled this eggs, probably going to one of the vendors inside the center. 

We found this art installation along the water, and it gives me a lot of Dr. Octopus vibes.

Shot of the Marina Bay Sands buildings from down below.



We went to the Cloud Forest by the Bay, which was essentially a giant bubble where there was a simulated cloud forest. Below are the pictures I took there.





There was so much cool art, including (but not limited to) this angry lion head.

Right as we were leaving, they started "misting" the cloud forest, giving it an otherworldly feel.




We left the Cloud Forest and got great views of the city as the light started to fade. 

Another more traditional view of the Marina Bay Sands building, this time more silhouette-esque.


We ended our day walking through Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment