Monday, March 19, 2018

[Kate] Food Problems and Advantages: Part I

As you can see from his face, Cannon is hesitant at trying
some of the new food.
One of the things about this trip is that we get to see (and sample!) the food of different cultures all around the world.  In our family, we have many different views on this in our family.  Grace and I are excited at the prospect, although Cannon is cautious, even though he has recently discovered he enjoys some spicy foods.

So Cannon and I are creating a two part blog post about our own views on food.  Here is my perspective: the food advantages.




1)  You get an adventure every time you stop for lunch.  We don't always really know what the food options are, especially in Asia, as we're discovering as we stay in Singapore.  I love trying out the new foods, and I think its one of the highlights of our stays in Singapore so far.

Here is the food that Grace Dad and I got on our first day at
Singapore.  (Dad's is the orange one at the back.)
2)  It can just be delicious!  Oftentimes even though we aren't so sure what we'll get, its really delicious if you keep an open mind.

Doesn't that just look delicious?  This is what Grace and I got on our first day.
3)  You get to experience other cultures in both the food and the way it is served.  The dish itself gives us a look into the common food in certain cultures and areas of the world.  But plenty of others things are interesting about it too.  The utensils (chopsticks, for instance), the place the food is sold (mostly hawker centers in Singapore) and the way it is made are all added bonuses.
Here is the place where Dad, Grace and I
got lunch on our first day at Singapore
Here is our food getting poured into the bowls.


No comments:

Post a Comment