Saturday, March 10, 2018

[Cannon/George] The Cute and Scary: Part II

Recently my sistah (that is not a typo but it is fun to say) posted a post about the cute animals at the zoo that we went too.  I'm doing the part II:  The scary animals of Australia.  There is a lot of good material for this, including everything from spiders to bats.  But first my father is dragging me off against my will to look at unicorn tapestries.

Okay I'm back from looking at tapestries and now we can get on with the scary things that we saw.


This was the Cassowary that we saw
The Cassowary is a frankly terrifying animal.  I was alarmed when my mom casually said "they've killed people before".  After that I kept my distance from the enclosure.  But before I backed away hurriedly, I saw it's claws.  they were like a dinosaurs'.
These are Cassowary claws
















This is a saltwater crocodile
The Saltwater Crocodile is huge.  The one that we saw was about 16 feet long!  I now understand why people saw if a crocodile gets hold of you, you're in trouble.












Two Guanas fighting over food
The Guanas were insane.  We saw them just as dinner was served, and the two people feeding them were yelling "Separate them! Separate them!"  They just kept fighting over the food and every once and a while one of the people would say "Keep your hands out of the enclosure."  It was insane.









The Tasmanian devil we saw (named Saxon)
 jumping to get his food.
The Tasmanian Devil is actually kind of cute, but it's name alone deserves a spot on this list.  And it does get a bit unnerving to learn that they could break every bone in your body with their jaws.

This is the face of the devil, notice that it's ears look like horns
that's how it got it's name

















The New Zealand Tunnel Web Spider now haunts my dreams.  I am not including a picture because they are too scary (for those who don't know, I am terrified of spiders).  It is also the spider that J.R.R. Tolkien based Shelob after so I will add a picture of this:

Sam fighting Shelob


Now my Mom is forcing me against my will to write a conclusion. 

Australia has many cute and animals and also many terrifying ones.

1 comment:

  1. Introductions, conclusions and transitions were/are always the hardest part of writing for me. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete