Wednesday, March 14, 2018

[George/Cannon] Rainforests

Recently on our trip we did what is called the waterfall circuit.  Basically we drove around looking for waterfalls.  Anyway on our quest to find amazing waterfalls we drove about an hour and 45 minutes to search for Nandroya falls.  But to get there we had to trek through the rainforest.  I had always envisioned rainforests as cool and interesting.  What I hadn't expected was a place full of ants, spiders, flies, bees, something called a tree kangaroo, and who knew what else.  In summary it was the place of my nightmares.  It was still super interesting but it's hard to concentrate on things when your scared of being stung by a bee, bitten by an ant, attacked by a spider, and not to mention dodging all of the plants (especially the ones with thorns), and trying to fend of all of the flies trying to bite me.  This was a terrifying experiance, and it didn't help that my family was laughing at me all the way.  My dad also forced me to stand in the mud next to a tree to take a picture, and again next to a vine (pictures can be seen below.)

Me next to another tree 
Me pretending to touch a vine

Me standing in the mud next to a tree

Image result for tree kangaroo
This is a tree kangaroo (I had no idea this existed)

1 comment:

  1. Of course the jungle is a place of nightmares! Haven't you heard of the Heart of Darkness?

    ReplyDelete