Tuesday, March 27, 2018

[George/Cannon] Food Problems and Advantages Part II

Earlier this month my sister Kate published a post about her take on the food that we will be eating for the next month.  Asian food.  Most people who know me know that I am a very picky eater.  By that I mean that I hardly eat anything except white bread products.  Because of this I'm probably going to have a very interesting next month.  However, there are two glimmers of hope for me.  In Asia there are noodles almost everywhere, and I have a new found love for spicy food.  Well I say a new found love, but my spice tolerance, while higher than most of my family's, in barely enough to allow me to eat even mild Indian food.  Because of this i have to be careful not to order anything that says spicy on it, because as my dad said, "it's probably going to be spicy enough".

This is the Soup that had the fish heads in it.
On of the things that I have eaten already on this trip was a Chinese soup that we found in a Hawker Center (Which is basically a building with a bunch of food stalls in it).  It was a mildly spicy soup with some sort of meat and noodles in it.  I was very happy with my choice until I saw something else float around in it.  Fish heads.  I hate fish.  I quickly lost my appetite after that.

Also when we went to a Indian place we found naan (naan is a type of flat bread).  Since the naan had
an option to be served with butter, I happily ate some.  This increased my mood when I learned that almost all Indian places had naan, and butter.  Apart from eating the naan I also had chicken tikka, and tandoori chicken.




This is Tandoori Chicken

This is Chicken Tika

1 comment:

  1. Poor Cannon, but this trip will either cure you of picky eating, or starve you right?? I recently discovered I have to be gluten free, and I was especially devastated about the loss of naan from my life. Thankfully I figured out how to make AMAZING gluten free nann on my BBQ outside. Saved my sanity.

    ReplyDelete