Wednesday, March 7, 2018

[George/Cannon] Lord of the Rings


This week I needed to write a blog post and nothing was coming to mind. So I decided to share what I'm doing.  And exactly what I'm doing is reading the Lord of the Rings series for the third time.  Reading it again only makes it better.  I'm not including the Hobbit, but I might for the first time read the Silmarillion.  One of the reasons that I decided to do this apart from the fact that it is arguably the best fantasy ever written (I am a low key fanatic about this, only my obsession to Harry Potter rivals it), is that family and I were recently in New Zealand.  Among the many things that we did there (and one of my personal favorites) was go on a Lord of the Rings Tour (because the movies were filmed in new Zealand).  Some of the places that we saw were


                                                                   These are the Gates of Argonath AKA the Kawarau Gorge



These are the Refuges of Rohan fleeing to Helms Deep AKA Deer Park Heights






Isengard with the tower Orthanc in the middle AKA a flat spot in the Dart River plain






After the tour I remembered that the Lord of the Rings series was amazing and the J.R.R. Tolkien is a genius.  So I decided to read the trilogy and as I said before maybe the Silmarillion.  Anyway I thought I would give you a insiders account about my life (hopefully not in Azkaban, that was a super vague Harry Potter reference that I don't expect anyone to get).  Also sorry that my life is not extremely interesting right now; I am just either shut up in a car, airplane, of hotel/motel room.

2 comments:

  1. You life is not super interesting right now??? Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your life is not interesting enough, we could trade places. Do you want to come back to California and teach a bunch of 7th and 8th graders?

    ReplyDelete