Wednesday, February 28, 2018

[Grace] Yesterday (2/27/18) in Pictures


Yesterday (February 27th, 2018), as my dad wrote about earlier, we visited Milford Sound. We are staying in Queensland, and so it's usually a 4 hour car drive to visit Milford Sound. However, with limited time, it made more sense for our family to switch up the mode of transportation. We took a small plane from Queenstown to Milford (and then back again). I, as the designated photographer in the family, was holding the camera and did not stop taking pictures (as anyone on that plane could attest to). These are some of my favorite shots I got while in the air:




When we touched down at the small airport in Milford, we boarded a boat that would give us a closer look at the fjord. Similarly to the plane, I did not really put down the camera much - but I did get some really good pictures.

As you can tell, I really like waterfalls :)

After the plane ride back to Queenstown, I was exhausted. All that jaw-dropping I did really wore me out. I was content to hang out at our AirBnb, do some homeschooling, eat some food, read some books. I liked our little AirBnb because we were right on Lake Wakatipu and had the most beautiful view out over the water. Chilling there was a nice way to end a satisfying, eventful day. I was in my pajamas (which also double as my running clothes because packing space is limited) when I chanced a glance out the window overlooking the lake.

The sky looked like a watercolor canvas, a purple sky with pink clouds floating along in the foreground. The quality of the color alone was breathtaking. However, what made it even more spectacular was the reflection on the lake, and the mountains in the distance. I immediately grabbed my camera and went out to our porch, stood on top of a table to get the best angle, and took as many pictures as I could. But the sun kept on setting and the colors kept on getting better and better. I put on the first pair of shoes I could find and jaywalked/ran across a busy street to get to the edge of Lake Wakatipu where I had the best views of the sunset.
These are all unedited!

All in all, yesterday was a pretty good day. I flew in a 14 seater airplane, took a boat through a fjord some have called "the 8th wonder of the world" and saw the most beautiful sunset of my life. 

The crazy part is, that all happened on day 6 of the trip. We were not even a week in. With many more days of adventures in the future, I can't wait to see what's next.

1 comment: