Monday, February 26, 2018

[Grace] Hopelessly in Love With the World


Last night, I was editing some pictures on my phone, when I suddenly proclaimed to my family, 
“I am hopelessly in love with the world.”

My dad looked over at me and said “Well that’s a shame, because you can’t date until you’re sixteen.”

Sigh.

***

Yesterday, we drove from Christchurch, on the coast of the southern New Zealand island, to Queensland. It was about a seven hour drive, with all five of us (and our luggage) crammed into a rental car. Not to mention the fact we were driving on the wrong side of the road. We did not have high expectations for how the day would go.

We start driving at around 10:15 in the morning. In the car, we have a discussion about homeschooling. I take a take a nap. I listen to music. I was staring out the window a lot, especially as we drove further, because the scenery was just getting prettier and prettier.

Then, we turned a corner and I saw this:





















Do you see the color of that water!?

I felt like I had been shot with Cupid's arrow. That was the most beautiful thing in the world to me. The blue of the water, the green of the trees, the mountain in the background: all so incredibly gorgeous.

Of course, I forced my family to stop so I could take a few more pictures.

Even as I look back at these pictures, they take my breath away. The earth is STUNNING. As an avid photographer, I often am looking for subjects to photograph everywhere I go. Though my family can find it rather annoying, as I stop them to take pictures every five feet, I think it is wonderful. Every single day, I go through life looking for beautiful things. I am constantly so humbled by the beauty all around me. Whether it is the trees after rain or sunsets or wildflowers or spectacularly blue lakes, I love it all.

I tell my parents that "Pretty places feed my Grace soul." It is true. I am hopelessly in love in the world. And when the world looks like this, how can you blame me?






2 comments:

  1. Grace -

    I can hear your dad saying that in my head! Keep the pictures coming!

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dad is a funny guy, I didn't know that about him. Now I'm hoping even more that the Beals end up back in the EPW. Also, my little girl's soul is fed by beautiful things/places. It is such a gift to really see, and appreciate, what has been created for us

    ReplyDelete