Friday, July 13, 2018

[George/Cannon] Fjords

A couple of days ago we went on a fjord cruise in Norway.  During this two hour cruise I asked my mom what a fjord was.  She said "why don't you look it up?" And I responded in a jokingly fashion "can you just tell me because I don't like doing work".  My parents may have found this amusing, but it was not amusing enough to keep them from forcing me to write a blog post about fjords.  This made me sad because I was exited for my upcoming post about candy and the Musee D'Orsay (I will write these after our week-long cruise that starts tomorrow and ends on July 22).

The definition of fjord is a long, narrow, deep inlet of the sea between high cliffs, as in Norway, typically formed by submergence of a glaciated valley.  Which basically means an inlet often formed by a glacier with steep cliffs on either side.


This is a Fjord
Norway (where we are now) is particularly famous for it's fjords.  As I mentioned above we went on a fjord cruise a couple of days ago.  See the pictures below.



This is the fjord that we went to in Norway


We also went to a fjord in Zealand called Milford Sound.  In fact two of our earliest posts on this blog were about Milford Sound.  They both have amazing pictures so if you want to check them out there are links below.


This is Milford Sound

Check out these links for more amazing photos of Milford Sound!
Flight into Milford Sound
2/27/18 in Pictures


Aurlandsfjord and Nærøyfjord


1 comment:

  1. Even if your parents did not find your response amusing, I definitely did. Fight the power!

    ReplyDelete