Wednesday, July 25, 2018

[George/Cannon] Candy!!

One this trip we have had some amazing candy, some weird candy, and some candy so bad that we all immediately started screaming when we tasted it (not an exaggeration).  This post is a list of the most memorable candies we've had on this trip.

1. BAMS!!  Bams are one of my families favorite candy treats.  My dad first found them in France without us and then when we went with him years later he showed them to us.  A bam is a banana flavored candy, shaped like a banana with sugar on the outside.  The inside is a marshmallow/gummy substance that is amazing.  Bams are some of the best candy ever.  Sadly they are very hard to find anywhere but Europe, and even there finding them can be a pain.

While really called bananas my family calls them bams.
2. Chocolate Koalas.  My Mom found this is a store and had to get them.  Upon finding out that they were chocolate covered marshmallows I was even more exited (I love chocolate covered marshmallows and gummy bears).  However these candies weren't very good.  But they were still fun!

KOALAS!!


3.  Charmallows.  I've talked about these before.  These are the amazing Haribou marshallows that I ate all through-out Spain.  They are marshmallows covered in sugar and they are great.

I LOVE MARSHMALLOWS!

4. Swedish black licorice.  These were the candies that made us all scream upon tasting them.  On the cruise that we did we stopped in Stockholm, Sweden.  I was put in charge of this day so I decided to visit a Swedish candy store.  I asked one of my uncles (who has spent some time in Sweden) what candy to get.  His response is below.

He warned us

Naturally we got the skulls and tried them.  They were nothing short of terrible.  My Uncle was right.  I didn't finish it.
Never again

No comments:

Post a Comment