Sunday, July 22, 2018

[Kate] My Thoughts on Road Trips

We've done do a fair number of road trips on this trip.  For some of them my Dad is driving in a small, crowded rental car (specifically referring to our unexpected rad trip in Spain), for others we are all spread out luxuriously in a travel van equipped with wifi and enough seats for over ten people, with a driver (who kept giving us fresh water and cold towels) and a guide in the front seats (specifically referring to out road trip in Morocco).  So since we're getting ready for our big road trip in Europe, I thought I'd share are my thoughts on road trips.

Things I Like About Road Trips: 

This is a picture of the interior of the van we used in
Athens, Greece (which was couple years before this big trip).

  • Like airplanes, they give me time to just relax. I can read or listen to audio or write (in some cases) or whatever. 
  • I spend time with my family. This can lead to amusing conversations and laughable diversions. (I’m looking at you Cannon!) 








Things I Dislike About Road Trips: 
This is a picture from our cramped and unexpected road trip
in Spain.  (For an explanation find my live report blog post.
  • I can get a little car sick, especially when I’m doing something and looking down. Not fun. 
  • It can be annoying to be stuck in the in tight quarters with other people, especially for a long time. I love my family, but being stuck with them can be a little stressful at times. (I’m still looking at you Cannon!) 
  • Like airplanes, WiFi isn’t always accessible. It can be a little annoying when I want to write. Or text my friends or something else that requires Wifi. But at this point in the trip, I’m honestly kind of used to it. 
  • We often don’t get much food in the experience. We stop for candy or soda if we need to, and we have packed snacks, but as far as real meals, road trips are lacking.

1 comment:

  1. I love road trips (although I don't like all of the tolls in France). If Becky would let me sell our house (don't get me started on the burden of ownership), I would just live in our RV and roam from place to place whenever we had the chance.

    ReplyDelete