Saturday, April 14, 2018

[Kate] My Basic To-Do List

Of course, since we're traveling around the world, hardly anything is really usual.  But between school, packing, and correspondences, I do have obligations that I need to finish, as well as hobbies and interests that I want to spend time on.  Here is a basic to-do list (or really more of a what-I-do-when-I-have-time list) for those calmer, less chaotic days.

Math.  This is something I have to do at least an hour of six out of seven days of the week.  I spend that time plugging away (or staring confusedly at the computer screen).  Because of this, I am nearing completion on my semester course, and intend to start a new one soon.

Blog Posts.  As part of my homework, I need to post at least twice a week on the blog.  This can vary from everything to what we did that day, to what I think of the culture in the country.  It's a wide range, and fun to play with.

My Big Project.  In every country we visit (save some shorter stops), all three kids research and write a little about it.  My specific topic for study is powerful women of each country.  My project usually comprises of searching for sources and ideas, then reading those sources carefully.  After I spend some time comprising a few paragraphs on the culmination of my research.

Pack/Clean.  Normally, packing is saved for the night before or the morning of our departure.  But sometimes I am forward thinking enough to find some long lost items and shove them (or, if I've having a good day, neatly place them) in my suitcase and backpack.  And cleaning is something I should be doing pretty often, but honestly, instead of cleaning I just contain my mess in a small area and deal with it when I have to pack.

Talk to Friends.  I really don't want to lose touch with my friends from California, so this is something I spend a lot of time doing (and enjoying).  Of course, my friends are in a very different time zone, so that results in a lot of spam from me while it's the middle of the night for them.

Write.  When I'm bored, this is one of the things I go to a lot, typing up various fictional stories on the computer.  This is a hobby that has long preceded this trip.

Read.  Need I say anymore?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, this is an impressive list. I especially appreciate that you “contain your mess to a small area”. That’s definitely hereditary and you get it from me! Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - Include one of you stories as your post sometime - that will kill two birds with one stone and it’s something you like doing anyway!

    ReplyDelete