Wednesday, June 20, 2018

[Kate] Utah Exchanges and Changes

When we were in Utah, we had the chance to leave behind some things and grab some of our other possessions (one duffel bag of each of our stuff had been sent to Utah ahead of time).  My bag had different kinds of things.

I had day clothes that I could pack instead of the ones I've been using.  After wearing the same clothes for months, you start to get a little sick of them.  Luckily we packed other shirts and pants and shorts a few months ago, so I exchanged some things.

There were two pairs of shoes.  Church shoes for the wedding (on his trip I've been using my flip flops for church) and a new pair of sneakers.  I packed new shoes because my plantar fasciitis (flat feet) acts up when my shoes start to get worn down, and so my mom had the idea of buying and packing new shoes in February when we left California, so I could exchange shoes when we got back to America for the wedding.

There were two dress options for the wedding.  I had multiple dresses!  For the first time in ... um, three months?  I've kinda lost track of time, being on the run (that was a very obscure Harry Potter reference).  Anyway, although both were left behind for lack of space, it was nice to have a choice in what to wear besides what's clean and what's not.

I got new contacts.  I got a new prescription at the doctor and now have brought sixty days worth of contacts, with thirty more left in my duffel bag.

Top Ramen!  I've been missing Top Ramen for ages, just wanting something simple and familiar.  When I finally got it, I was determined to keep it as long as possible.  Between the two of us, Cannon and I have packed many (I haven't counted our inventory yet) servings of Top Ramen to eat while we roam.

Three servings of Top Ramen, a small part of
our complete stash.

And last but not least...

My blanket!  Yes, I know, I'm a little old to have a blanket, but it's sentimental for me.  Plus, I assure you, it's a very hot commodity to have a blanket in our traveling.  Whenever we find one in an AirBnB or in a hotel room, it's immediately a source of fighting as every tries to get it.  The fighting part isn't great, but still ... everyone loves a fuzzy blanket.  I was sad to leave it behind.

We also left some things behind, things we either didn't need or didn't want anymore.

I left behind some clothes.  The ones I got sick of or that just weren't practical anymore.  Like long underwear.  We had only needed those for Everest.  Speaking of Everest, I also left my rain pants, which we bought in Kathmandu and have never used since, either traveling or trekking.

I left some paintings we made in Vietnam.  I've been carrying these for a while, and leaving somewhere definitely improved my available suitcase space, which is a big deal when that's your wardrobe, pantry, and pretty much everything combined into one box on wheels.

I'm glad we stopped into Utah to switch our stuff out, and hopefully we're more prepared to get through the last six weeks of traveling!

1 comment:

  1. WiIl you share your Top Ramen with me when we see you in Paris? JK

    ReplyDelete