Monday, June 25, 2018

[George/Cannon] The World Cup

My family and I are huge soccer fans.  And thankfully while we are in Paris we have a TV so we can watch the World Cup.  The sad thing is AMERICA DIDN'T MAKE THE WORLD CUP. But this allows us to root for other countries that we wouldn't normally pay any attention to.  Below is a list of the countries that I personally want to do well.

Portugal:  I like Portugal only because one of my favorite pairs of Pajamas are Portugal national team PJs.  And they have Ronaldo.

This is Ronaldo.

Spain:  I really enjoyed Spain when we stayed in Seville and Granada for a couple of days.  It was really fun, so why not support Spain?

This is Seville near where we stayed.

Iceland:  Iceland is perhaps the team I most want to win (sadly they probably won't to that).  I want Iceland because Iceland population is roughly 330 thousand people. That is about the size of a town in America.  Good job Iceland!

This is Iceland compared to the U.S..  

Brazil:  I only like Brazil because I think that it's fun to watch them play.  They like to show off and I think that's fun to watch.  

This is Brazil's flag.

In the end I am still very sad and annoyed that the U.S. didn't make it in the World Cup.  And even though it has been very fun to root for all of these different teams I still want the U.S. to make it into the next World Cup.

3 comments:

  1. While I consider myself very patriotic, the USA simply does not deserve to be in World Cup. I am annoyed beyond belief how youth soccer organizations have made "developmental teams" so ridiculously overpriced, and parents are told that if they don't shell out, their kid will never get the exposure they need to be part of a national team. Then they don't even allow those "elite" kids to have fun and play with their friends as part of their local high school. They have turned it into a business to enrich themselves and priced out kids who potentially could be some of our best players because they come from lower-income families. Cannon, sorry for turning my response to your post into a rant, but I'm rooting for Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the Swiss but I just forgot to add them into this post

      Delete