Tuesday, May 22, 2018

[Grace] What's Better Than A Leopard? TWO BABY LEOPARDS


PSA: Everyone in their lifetime should go to South Africa and see the animals.

Our safari experience was so amazing, and I already want to go back (for reference, I was there yesterday). I have been lucky enough to have seen some incredible things over the past few months, but even I have a hard time remembering experiences that can rival South Africa.

While in South Africa, I saw some incredible animals. Personally, giraffes are some of my favorites. My mom adores leopards, as should everyone - they are remarkable animals. There aren't many things better than a leopard.......except TWO BABY LEOPARDS!


Our third night out on safari, and our first night at our second safari lodge, we drove over to the den of a mama leopard with very young cubs. The cubs were just seven weeks old and so when we were driving around in our big safari cars we had to be very careful not to harm the animals in anyway; one of the rules was that if the mom leopard was not there, we shouldn't stay too long with the babies.

When we first got to the leopard den, we didn't see anything. Earlier in the day the all three leopards had been hanging out, but now we didn't see any of them. We were just about to leave and try again the next morning when I hear Cannon saying "Look over there!"

Sure enough, he had spotted a leopard cub!!! OH MY GOSH LOOK HOW CUTE HE/SHE IS.

Since the mom wasn't around, we couldn't stay and watch for long. But we did get a chance to see both leopard cubs and we saw them wrestle (first picture). It was one of the most precious things I've seen in my entire life. 

The next morning, I was ready to go and see the leopards again. I hoped that the mom would be there so we could stay and watch for a long time. Much to my delight, all of the leopards were home. For most of the time, I just had the camera up to my face and kept on snapping away. I got so many good pictures! Please admire them.

Baby leopard meowing.

Baby leopard looking around.  

Mama leopard!! So majestic.

The leopard cub playing with it's mom.
Can you spot the two leopard cubs? 
Practice your roar, little one.



Look at those blue eyes! Much prettier than any human baby I've ever seen.

The leopard cub was playing with it's mom tail!! You cannot tell me that is not the cutest thing you have ever seen in your life. 


This is my favorite picture. Look at how adorable it is! The cub was playing with it's mom tail, and then the mom started waving her tail around and then the cub hissed at it. A fearsome predator.





2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting and wondering when I'd get the next Beal update... this was worth the wait!!! What an amazing experience and those eyes are to die for! Great pictures Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up for the leopards and your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete