Thursday, May 3, 2018

[George/Cannon] My Chapstick Obsession

As most of you probably know, we have been trekking in Nepal for about 2 weeks.  Because of the high altitudes, an invaluable piece of equipment has been chaptstick/lip balm.  And luckily as some of you might know I am obsessed with chapstick.  By obsessed I mean that I collect weird chapstick.  Some examples are: french fry, cake batter (my personal favorite), vanilla coke, and grape fanta.  Some of these are disgusting (french fry) and others are delicious (chocolate).  On this whole trip, however I've only taken a couple.  The ones I chose to take are cake batter, grape fanta, strawberry starfruit, banana burst, and berry bunch.  But this is only a fraction of the chapstick that I have packed away in storage.  Sadly I have so many that I can't remember all of them.

But I'm not the only one who loves their chapstick.  Grace has her favorite, which is mint eucalyptus.  I HATE it.  But the only reason that I hate it is the smell of it.  It is SO strong, and in my opinion disgusting.  And she uses it all of the time.  She has 7.  7 CHAPSTICKS.  AND THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.  Even I'm not that obsessive.  Nonetheless it still was useful on the trek.

But what was even more useful were my pants.  That sounds weird but it's true.  For some reason one of my pants have pockets for cylindrical objects. (See below).  They look like they could be used for bullets, but since I have no bullets I can use them for my chapstick.  Because of this I call them my "Ammo Pockets".



2 comments:

  1. Among my favorite posts of all time. Come on, Grace, couldn't you have brought at least one other variety of chapstick? And Cannon, no bullets? I think you should have come a better prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grape Fanta chapstick actually sounds pretty good. I’ll have to look for it. I think I’d only use the eucalyptus if I had a cold.

    ReplyDelete